Join us for the Type@Cooper West Fall Lecture Series
After Aaron’s talk, three more speakers will take the stage this fall. These lectures are all free and open to the public, but it’s never too soon to grab a seat — they do fill up!
- On October 3, learn about “The proliferation of 19th (and 20th) century wood type and its impact on typographic norms” from David Shields.
- Graphic Means director Briar Levit returns to San Francisco on October 17 to present “Before Desktop Publishing: The Democratization of Type in the Cold Type Era.”
- Our own Dan Rhatigan wraps up the year discussing Souped-up Font Formats on November 7.
We’re pleased to sponsor this series, which takes place at the Koret Auditorium at the San Francisco Public Library Main Branch, 100 Larkin Street. All talks begin at 6 p.m. You can watch videos of the past lectures here.
Type@Cooper West Workshops
Looking for to immerse yourself further in typographic learning? Consider one of the many workshops Type@Cooper West are presenting this autumn:
- September 27–December 6: Principles of Typeface Design: A–z and More with Graham Bradley
- October 7 & 8: Pointed Pen Calligraphy for Beginners with Frank Greißhammer
- October 21 & 22: Proportions with John Downer
- October 28 & 29: Introduction to Serif Lettering with James Edmondson
- November 4 & 5: Drawn Roman Capitals with Julian Waters
- November 11 & 12: Planting the Seeds for Creating a Script Typeface Design with Richard Lipton