Upcoming speaking events for the Typekit team
The next couple of months will see a number of folks from the team here traveling and speaking at conferences all over the world. Here’s where you can find us!
We have carefully scheduled so that none of these talks overlap, so we expect to see you at all of them 😜
August 24–28, Seattle, WA
We’ll share more details soon about what we’re planning as sponsors of this conference, but there are a couple presenters from the team as well.
- Sally Kerrigan (yes, the same one writing this) will give a short talk Saturday on writing about type.
- The following day, Frank Grießhammer will be co-presenting with Nick Sherman on Zapf Dingbats.
See the TypeCon program for more details.
September 13–17, Warsaw, Poland
This will be a packed conference this year, with
three four presenters from our team.
- Christopher Slye will take a look at the state of the type industry in a presentation with Google and Monotype on Wednesday’s Education & Business track.
- The same afternoon in the Technology track, Gregor Kaplan will be presenting on the topic of supporting East Asian web fonts with dynamic augmentation.
- On Friday, Matthew Rechs will lead a panel discussion on the business of selling type.
- Updated to add: Kicking off the conference on Tuesday with an afternoon workshop, Miguel Sousa will guide students through how to add SVG functionality to fonts.
September 23–24, Prague, Czech Republic
- Jakub Plichta speaks on Friday, with an in-depth look at the Typekit engineering team’s recent (and ongoing) development and transformation of font serving APIs.
- Marko Iskander is speaking on Saturday, covering the use of Elasticsearch for powering the Typekit API and other internal operations.
Registration is open — and ticket prices will go up in September.
Elsewhere, on the internet
- User Defenders interviewed David Demaree “On the Beauty of Simplicity” back in February, which we completely forgot to mention at the time because we were busy reading his book.
- Also, the TypeEd interview on the business of fonts with Ariadne Remoundakis from July 21 is online as well.
How will you possibly keep up with this? Don’t worry — we’ll keep you posted on Twitter. Hope to see you soon!