Job opening – font development/design
This is a pretty rare event – we haven’t had an opening for font development since just after I started, in the summer of 1997. Frankly, we’ve been kind of blanketing all the usual typographic hangouts, so odds are good that if you’re qualified, you’ve already heard about this. But just in case, here’s our job posting:
* * * * * *
Join Adobe’s Type Development Staff!
We have a mid-level type development position open, and are looking for someone to join a team that continues to define the state of the art in font technology and type design. In this position, you would help us develop new fonts, enhance current fonts, and perhaps create some new designs for our font library.
This position would involve close collaboration with the rest of the development team to produce fonts. This would include activities like kerning glyphs, creating layout features and extending or completing Adobe designs.
– understanding of type design principles
– several years’ experience with font production software and technology
– python scripting experience
– work in Silicon Valley area of California (relocation assistance available)
– good understanding of font technology
– experience defining OpenType layout features
– read and write multiple languages
– experienced with some non-Latin writing systems
– able to communicate clearly about typography and font technology
David Lemon (Sr Manager, Type Development) – Lemon@adobe.com
Ross Pasquale (Recruiter) – RPasqual@adobe.com