Upcoming Speaking Events
Here, there, and everywhere: the Typekit team may be on the way to a conference near you!
There are tickets available for all but one of these events at the time of posting.
12 September 2014 | Düsseldorf, Germany
Type designer Tim Ahrens will discuss the current state of typography on the web, looking ahead to how he expects the craft could continue to evolve, which cues it will take from print typography, and where it will firmly diverge from the print tradition.
12 September 2014 | Berlin, Germany
Sold Out (but there is a waiting list)
17-21 September 2014 | Barcelona, Spain
ATypI is five days full of terrific talks, including several from the Typekit team & our colleagues:
- A win/win approach to open source by David Lemon
- From 0 to 64K in 4 years (The building of the world’s first open source Pan-CJK Typeface family) by Caleb Belohlavek and Stuart Gill
- The history of non-Latin typeface development at Adobe by Paul Hunt
- Designing a Large Multilingual Typeface by Masataka Hattori, Ryoko Nishizuka, and Taro Yamamoto
- Building the perfect what? Moderated by David Berlow, this discussion panel will include Caleb Belohlavek, Nadine Chahine, Simon Daniels, Martina Flor and David Kuettel.
- The Adoption of Web Fonts Around the World & Opportunities Ahead by Matthew J. Rechs, John Giannopoulos, and David Kuettel
26 September 2014 | London, UK
Elliot Jay Stocks will walk attendees through “some of the most exciting recent developments that allow us to take web-based typography to the next level” in his talk, “Advanced Web Typography”.
4-8 October 2014 | Los Angeles, California, USA
27-29 October 2014 | Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Focusing on traditional typographic principles, while also embracing progressive enhancement, Tim Brown explains how fonts, CSS, web-enabled devices, and user contexts coexist. Tim is also running a day-long workshop titled “Designing with Type.”