Sign up for early access to desktop font sync

Desktop font sync is now available on all eligible Typekit plans! Please read the “The fonts you love from Typekit, now on your desktop
” blog post for more information.

Today, Adobe is announcing an early access program for the new file and font sync capabilities of Creative Cloud. We’re beginning to roll them out in limited batches to Creative Cloud and Typekit subscribers as we continually monitor the quality of the experience.

To sign up for the early access program, fill out the Creative Cloud early access request form. Make sure to use the email address associated with the Adobe ID that you use to log into Typekit. If you haven’t yet linked your Typekit account with an Adobe ID, you’ll need to do that first.

Once you are approved for early access, you’ll receive an email from the Creative Cloud team confirming that the features are activated for your account. At that point, grab the latest version of the Creative Cloud desktop app, log in with your Adobe ID, and select the Fonts tab to sync fonts and begin using them in any of your desktop applications.

There are a few things to keep in mind when you sign up for early access:

• Early access customers will be activated in batches over the coming weeks. File sync and desktop font sync features are not yet enabled for everyone.
  • You must have an Adobe ID to sign up for early access. If you have a standalone Typekit subscription, you must have an Adobe ID that is linked to your Typekit account in order to sign up.
  • You’ll need a paid Creative Cloud membership or a Portfolio, Performance, or Business Typekit plan to sign up for early access. Customers with a Typekit Trial, Personal, or Enterprise plan don’t have access to desktop font sync.
  • All Creative Cloud and Typekit plans will have a limit on the number of fonts a user can sync to their desktop each month, similar to the pageview limits for Typekit web fonts. These limits are still being finalized and won’t be enforced during the early access period.

We heard from many of you who want to know exactly which fonts on Typekit will be available for desktop use via the sync feature. We’ve updated this help document with a complete list of the foundries and faces that will be initially available.

If you have any questions or comments, drop us a line at support@typekit.com. We’re excited to share this feature with you, and we can’t wait to hear what you think.

14 Responses

1. Brad Haymond says:

This is the first I’ve heard of pageview restrictions?? We plan to use some of these fonts on our home page which will get significant traffic. What kind of pageview restrictions will there be?

Brad Haymond IT Director Mortgage Educators brad@mortgageeducators.com 801-676-2527

1. Ben W. says:

Hi Brad,

Pageview restrictions apply to our web font service. You can see a list of the plans we offer here: https://typekit.com/plans/ as well as the monthly pageview allotment for each plan.

I hope this helps. Feel free to drop us a line at: support@typekit.com with any further questions.

Cheers,
      Benjamin

2. Manik says:

If you already have a typekit account and already have a DIFFERENT adobe id for creative cloud, what can we do to link them?

1. manikrathee says:

Ignore my previous comment – found the link button on my account page.

For others:

3. Leon Werneck says:

So, I’ve been specifically hoping for Aviano Flare Light (https://typekit.com/fonts/aviano-flare), which doesn’t seem to be on the list. Is there at least a loosely estimated waiting time?

1. Leon, we do expect the selection of fonts available for desktop sync to grow over time. But we don’t have information about future availability of specific faces. Sorry.

2. Leon Werneck says:

Alright thank you. I came back because I was selected today and wanted to say I’m dazzled with how great a job you’re doing. The service is excellent even though there is still a limited selection of typefaces you can choose from. I’m sure this number will grow significantly over time.

Regarding your timetable, if you can divulge anything, I’d like to ask how things are supposed to go from now on: will you focus on enlarging the number of available fonts, or making the service available for more users? Or both?

Again, thank you for providing this service, it’s of unprecedented high quality and positively inspiring.

4. demo says:

How do these fonts install (eg. in regards to using a font management system suitcase fusion etc) are these put in the system fonts folder? Worried these will all be uncontrollable as time goes by and more and more (awesome) fonts are added.

5. camille says:

How does it work if our studio’s has one typekit account (under the boss’s name), but I and our other designers have our own adobe account email addresses for our Creative Cloud subscriptions?

6. Cassie says:

Hi,

Firstly I want to say…I’m using this and it’s AMAZING. Finally a solution to the most frustrating ‘first world problem’ in the industry, so thank you.

However, is there somewhere we should be feeding back with problems? Or any discussions about issues/fixes already open? I am using my CC account on my desktop and my laptop, fonts that I synced on the desktop are not syncing to the laptop and vice versa, though when I go to manage synced fonts they are all ‘active’. It only appears to be syncing the fonts to the computer on which I first activate them and not to all devices on the same account. :(

7. Just signed up for early access . . . hoping I get my invitation soon! I’m really looking forward to having Typekit at my fingertips.

8. Just signed up as well. I can’t wait—this type of service has been one of those “wouldn’t it be nice” utopian ideas for a long, long time.

9. I’m using it and it’s wonderful.
    Sadly I lost my internet connection for a few days and so the fonts stopped working.
    I would like to ask if there could be a time limit (3 or 4 days for example) in wich the fonts continue to work without having an online connection. Also just think of taking your MacBook to a client to present stuff in Indesign for example. Would be great if the fonts would still work.

1. Liz Galle says:

Henning, fonts should work while you are offline as long as the Creative Cloud application is still running on your computer. Quitting the app will make the synced fonts temporarily unavailable.

Please email support@typekit.com, and we will look into it further. Thanks!

Comments are closed.